Dr. Cristina Bastias is the Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) laboratory at the Lexington Fertility Center.
She was among the first in the country to become board certified as High Complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (HCLD) in Andrology and Embryology Laboratory Director (ELD) by the American Board of Bioanalysts (ABB). She graduated from Córdoba National University School of Medicine in Argentina and completed her ART Laboratory training at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, where she served for eight years as an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and as director of the Vanderbilt ART Laboratories. Dr. Bastias has been working continuously as on-site ART laboratory Director for several ART practices since 1989. In this position, she supervises, performs and teaches all the highly technical procedures currently used in the area of clinical human In Vitro Fertilization.
She is a member of several professional societies, including the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), the American Society of Andrology (ASA) and the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB). During her professional career, Dr. Bastias has authored or co-authored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and abstracts. In 1991 she was the recipient of the Male Reproduction/Urology Award paper from the ASRM.
Dr. Bastias’s passion for Embryology and Andrology and her clinical knowledge and experience have lead to substantial advancements in these fields. Over the years, she contributed advances in the evaluation and management of male factor patients, culture conditions for human embryo growth and development, along with sperm and embryo
- Board Certified High Complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (HCLD) by The American Board of Bioanalysis. Certificate No.: 6723
- Board Certified Embryology Laboratory Director (ELD) by The American Board of Bioanalysis. Certificate No.: 6723.
- Licensed Andrology Laboratory Director, granted by the State of Tennessee Medical Laboratory Board. License No.: ML 30768.
- Board Certified Andrology Laboratory Director (ALD) by The American Board of Bioanalysis. Certificate No.: 6723.
- American Society of Andrology
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American Association of Tissue Banks
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- American Association of Bioanalysts
- Society for Study of Reproduction